OUR LITTLE SECRET
There’s a place on Sydney’s doorstep, in the upper Hawkesbury Valley, that you’ve probably never heard of. A little pocket of paradise, so beautiful, that the locals have been keeping it a secret. That little secret is Cornwallis, and it’s only four minutes drive from Windsor. It’s here in this picturesque place, hidden among the orange groves on the banks of the Hawkesbury River where you will find Cornwallis House, a luxurious holiday home, ideal for those looking to find the perfect escape.
WHILE STAYING AT CORNWALLIS HOUSE you cant help but be absorbed by the tranquility of the river and the surrounding farms. Cornwallis House is grand and charming, blending with its surroundings perfectly. The interior is contemporary and stylish, creating an atmosphere of elegant comfort and total relaxation.
Guest are free to do as little, or as much, as they like. You are welcome to wander through the orchard picking fruit straight from the trees (in season), take a pushbike ride along the country lanes, explore the river or do some fishing in the dinghy, go for a walk, play a game of volleyball or croquet on the expansive lawns, or explore the many attractions of the area.
The afternoon is the perfect time to doze in the hammocks on the massive wraparound undercover verandah or to take in the best views in the Hawkesbury while soaking in the Jacuzzi.
DESIGNED FOR ENTERTAINING – Cornwallis House was built with entertaining in mind and is perfect for small groups who like to spend quality time together relaxing with a few drinks over long lazy meals. You and your friends and family will marvel at the spectacular sunsets, whilst enjoying the space and privacy on the verandah overlooking the fragrant orchard and tranquil river.
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THAT SPECIAL PLACE TO STAY, somewhere truly unique, where you can celebrate milestones in your lives, or maybe you are just in need of a short break in the countryside but want to stay close to the city, then come and find our little secret. Discover Cornwallis House for yourself.
THE SETTING – Cornwallis House is exclusive and private, hidden amongst an orange orchard, down a quiet country lane with no through traffic. The surrounding area is a flat rural picturesque patchwork of citrus orchards and small agricultural farms.
The river is relatively narrow and shallow at Cornwallis, resulting in a low speed limit for boats, meaning that instead of hearing the roar of power boats and jet skis you will hear more gentle sounds like the hum of a water pump, the chug of a tractor, and the chirping of the prolific bird life. This part of the river is enjoyed by slower and quieter vessels such as “tinnies”, canoes and kayaks.
Did we mention the uninterrupted 360 degree VIEWS? They are the WOW factor! The house is surrounded by views that will mesmerise you from the minute you arrive till the minute you leave. You’ll feel like you’re way out in the country, yet you’re only an hour from the city centre.
UNIQUE FEATURES AND BENEFITS OF THIS OUTSTANDING PRESTIGE PROPERTY
- Cornwallis House is a newly built two storey Queenslander style house which has been purposely designed to meet the needs of small groups .
- Approx 80 Acres of orange orchard surround the house. One of the highlights of your stay will be picking the fruit from the trees to make fresh juice for breakfast (in season May-Sept).
- 4 large BEDROOMS, each with their own private en suite bathrooms, sleeping 8 people comfortably. All with views and all with French doors opening out on to the verandahs.
- 3 x King size beds upstairs and 1 x Queen size bed downstairs. The beds are super comfortable and come fully made up with top quality linen. For families or groups that require separate beds – each of the 3 king size beds upstairs can be split into 2 x long single twin beds on request.
- Extra guests (maximum of 4) can be accommodated on top quality deluxe airbeds (on an air base) which are available at an additional cost and include the bed linen.
- Loads of space and privacy. The house is on acreage – you don’t share it with anyone else and the neighbours are not too close.
- Massive wraparound under cover verandahs, including an extended verandah for dining and entertaining, doubles the available living space, and offers the opportunity to be outside just about all year round.
- Superbly equipped gourmet kitchen,(including coffee machine), which is the focal point of the house and the place where everyone tends to gather. The kitchen is for people who like to cook (or at least have the option to cook if they want to). You won’t need to bring any cooking equipment with you as the kitchen comes completely fitted out with everything you are ever likely to need to cook up a storm, should you wish.
- For those who enjoy soaking in a hot tub we have a 6 person outdoor jacuzzi situated on its own mezzanine deck overlooking the river (we supply the pool towels). Taking in the sunset and stargazing from the jucuzzi on a clear night makes for a memorable stay.
- When you want to escape for a snooze, or a quite read there’s no more tranquil place to do so than in one of our 4 extra large family size hammocks located on each corner of the upstairs verandah. The kids love the hammocks too.
- Plenty of off street parking for your whole group.
- On the days when the weather is not so good you’ll find shelves of new paperback novels, stacks of magazines, over 160 DVDs to watch or CD’s to listen to, a Wii games console with adult & childrens games, as well as a large variety of new board games & card games to play, complete with a poker set.
- For those who like their music we have a stereo with an ipod , ipad or iphone dock (+ android plug in) as well as indoor & outdoor speakers on the verandah.
- You’ll find the outdoor fire pit is great on those nights when you feel like sitting outside downstairs on the lawn around a blazing fire, toasting marshmallows and enjoying the company of your friends and family. Many of our guests also like to light the fire on a warm sunny Sunday morning and sit around it with a coffee while they read the Sunday papers in peace and quiet.
- When you’re feeling active we have 8 adult and 2 childrens bikes (with helmets). You can choose to go for a ride along the country lanes exploring the Cornwallis “lowlands” area, or you could go for a nice flat ride into town (Windsor) along a new bike path, where you’ll find an ice cream shop, an old fashioned lolly shop plus lots of cafes, restaurants, pizzerias, pubs, and shops.
- For those who fancy a spot of fishing or puttering about on the water we have a small 4 person dinghy with outboard motor. Locally the river is known to be good for bass fishing.
- To keep cool in summer the house has full central air conditioning and also has remote control ceiling fans in every room.
- In winter you’ll be warm, snug and cozy with central heating, a gas log fireplace, heated bathroom floors and heated towel rails.
- To keep the kids occupied we have a small cubby house, acres of grounds and lawn for outdoor games such as cricket, soccer, croquet and boules, an orchard full of orange trees to pick the fruit from (in season), and in summer we have an inflatable water slide for the toddlers (see image in the photo gallery) and two “slip n slides”. We also have loads of childrens DVDs and board games.
THIS HOUSE PROVIDES GUESTS WITH A LEVEL OF COMFORT, SPACE AND PRIVACY UNMATCHED IN THE AREA
SOMETHING EXTRA: LAZY LATE CHECK OUT
Our proximity to the city means it is easily accessible for weekend stays. You can be at Cornwallis in a ONE HOUR DRIVE from just about anywhere in Sydney.
So, instead of checking out at 11:00 a.m., on Sunday mornings as you would with most other accommodation properties, why not STRETCH YOUR BREAK FURTHER in the Hawkesbury by staying until LATE on your last night, or better still, have an EXTRA NIGHT and check out the Monday morning AT NO EXTRA COST (subject to availability at the time). We call this our LAZY LATE CHECK OUT Stay 3/Pay 2 special offer.
For a limited time we are including breakfast provisions in our rate, to coincide with the Stay 3/Pay 2 nights special.
Uncover the secrets of the Hawkesbury by actively exploring its diverse attractions. Stay longer and you will be rewarded with a wealth of new experiences.
IN-HOUSE SERVICES TO ENHANCE YOUR STAY
PAMPER TREATMENTS: For the girls – relax while our friendly team of beauty/ pamper professionals come to you at the house for a fun morning or afternoon of indulgence. Whether it’s an aromatherapy massage, a deluxe facial, or simply a manicure, pedicure, tinting or waxing, this is a great way to take time out for yourselves for a change, without having to leave the house.
PRIVATE CHEF: Want to have a special lunch or dinner but don’t want to worry about cooking or drinking and driving? We have a friendly partnership of chefs who will come to the house and create a memorable culinary experience just for your group. We can offer a range of ideas featuring menus based on fresh seasonal local produce.
We allow guests to hold small garden weddings at the property, Maximum numbers and other strict conditions apply. There is a Venue Fee – price on application. Please contact the owners, Angelo and Alannah, for more information.
- Cornwallis House has a NO SMOKING policy (inside the house)..
- Due to the lack of fencing the property is not suitable for pets.
- We don’t accept bookings for “bucks” weekends.
- There is river access for watercraft that can be carried (such as canoes, kayaks and dinghys), however due to the steep site it can’t be used as a boat ramp for cars with boat trailers.
Cornwallis House was a finalist in this years 2014 Stayz Holiday Rental National Awards in the category of Best WEDDING VENUE Rental.
We are proud WINNERS of the 2013 STAYZ HOLIDAY RENTAL AWARDS in the category of BEST FAMILY HOLIDAY RENTAL IN NSW —
We are also proud WINNERS of the 2012 Greater Sydney Tourism Award for Regional Champion
The house was featured as part of the STAYZ 2012 television commercial campaign on The Morning Show on Channel 7.
Cornwallis House was used as the location for a film shoot for the Channel 10 Lifestyle TV show called “The Living Room” aired June 2014.
YOUR ASSURANCE OF QUALITY – OUR ACCREDITATION
Cornwallis House has recently been re-assessed and continues to be awarded a 4 & 1/2 star rating by Star Ratings Australia, an independent national tourism accreditation program used by the state motoring associations such as NRMA, RACQ, RACV and so on.
We are also proud members of HHART ( Hills Hawkesbury And Riverlands Tourism) our local regional tourism association.